|Excel 2000 Easter Egg|
An 'Easter egg' is a hidden application or area of a program, often produced by the creators of the software package. There is one hidden within Excel 2000 where you can play a driving game! Just follow the simple steps below to access the game:
Please note: This game requires Direct X.
1. Start Excel 2000
2. Under the file menu, select ‘Save as Web Page’.
3. Select ‘Publish Sheet’ and then ‘Add Interactivity’.
4. Save as c:\windows\desktop\game.htm
5. Now close everything and open the file you have just created on your desktop called ‘Game’
6. You should now have Excel in the middle of the page. Scroll down to row 2000, column WC.
7. Select row 2000 by pressing on the number, now press the tab key so that WC is the active cell.
8. Hold down Shift+Ctrl+Alt and click the Office logo in the upper left. You will now be playing a spy hunter game.
9. Use arrow keys to drive, space to fire, O to drop oil slicks and when it gets dark, H for headlights.
For more Easter Eggs, visit: Egg Heaven
Click here to return to Computing Home